Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Good Day On The Trails





Not a very eventful weekend. Yesterday Macey and I woke up early to go to the Baby Bonanza at the hospital. Once again, I found TONS of fall/winter clothes for Lilly for under $20! I was lucky enough to again find a lady with all her size with just the cutest clothes ever. We usually don't find stuff big enough for Macey so I let her get a huge Carebear that we don't really need around here! Then when we got back from there, Mike headed for an all day cycle ride since he got rained out the previous Saturday. Unfortunately, he ended up having to go alone yesterday, but I guess he still managed to have fun since he didn't make it home until after 10 p.m.! He went up to the Ashland area and then checked out a brew pub for dinner and....of course, what else! Anyway, today I wanted to get the kids out of the house to enjoy this beautiful weather so we decided to go on one of the hiking trails near where we live. The one trail was 3 miles so we took that one, not knowing how far we'd actually get with Lilly. She did actually very well until Macey asked if the noise we heard could be a wolf! Then Lilly held up her arms to me and said "I scared!" So then Mike carried her on his shoulders for a while. The trail went super high up and was actually kind of scary for me, being afraid of heights and all, and I knew it was time to turn around when the trail narrowed and headed back down! No way was I about to have my kids go down that (well, I guess I must admit that I wouldn't go down it either!). Anyway, good day of hiking!

1 comment:

The Farmtree Rugrats said...

Sounds like great family fun!